Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Mission

So here I go!!
I think Paul Hollywood is ace!
I've watched him many a time on TV and have a bit of a 'man-crush'.

My wife is absolutely fantastic at cooking and I have no real knowledge or experience, except during my university years, where stir-fry (mostly packaged) was my signature dish.
She's has been trying to encourage me to cook and bake since we've been married; some successes, but also many spectacular failures.
As a mathematician, I'm usually focused on the numbers, the times, the weights, etc., rather than the creative side.

So, I had some birthday money, and I bought Paul Hollywood's book, "How to Bake".




So, what's my mission?
I intend to go through every recipe in the book; on a journey from a ham-fisted boiler, to a master baker!
I will be making a post for every attempt I make: showing you where I've succeeded, gone wrong and any tips I pick up along the way.

First post will be coming very soon.
I'm hoping to do 2 a week.
Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Good Idea Chris, I've seen and tasted your good food offerings. It's about time you got some new signature dishes.
    Looking forward to invite to sample the best baking in the UK, soon.

    Tim C ;o)

    ReplyDelete